ActiZ, a Dutch trade association of around 400 healthcare organisations, and care technology association WDTM want to encourage startups that can accelerate care innovation in home and elderly care. Therefore, for the second year on end, they’re organising a pitch competition for promising startups. The final will take place on Thursday June 15th on the main stage of the Care & ICT Exhibition in the Netherlands. The winner will receive the ActiZ-WDTM Innovation Award and can use the experience and network of a professional support team for three months.
To be ready for the future, it is crucial that home and elderly care continue to innovate. This innovation is already taking place, but not at the speed and scale required. That is why ActiZ and WDTM are calling on innovative startups to help accelerate care innovation in home and elderly care.
Submit your pitch presentation, answer the questionnaire and get a chance of being invited to give your pitch live during the Care & ICT Exhibition, the largest health tech event in the Netherlands. Zorg & ICT is the annual meeting place for thousands of professionals from different healthcare sectors to be informed and inspired by smart technologies and innovative solutions that contribute to sustainable and future-proof healthcare. The upcoming edition will be dedicated to ‘In charge of the future‘, with an interesting program around current themes such as artificial intelligence, cyber security, data availability, HealthIoT, virtual care and remote healthcare.
Do you have an innovative solution for the future of care? Then register your startup now for the pitch competition. This year, the pitch competition is open for national and international startups. An expert jury coming from healthcare governance, finance and business will judge the pitches and announce the winning start-up at the end of the day.
Can your startup participate?
Participating startups must meet the following requirements:
- You can enter the competition with a promising startup that has a clear focus on home and elderly care.
- You are available on Thursday 15 June between 13.30 and 16.00 for a live pitch of your startup during the Care & ICT fair in the Jaarbeurs in Utrecht
- The selection and judging will focus on the impact your innovative solution has on the care process. Not only time or cost savings are considered, but also elements such as improving the quality of care, easing the work of care workers or increasing job satisfaction.
- The startup’s innovation should not be older than four years (2019) and the startup should have at least two co-founders.
- The startup’s turnover for the year 2022 should not exceed EUR 250,000.
Prize for best pitch
The winner will win the ActiZ-WDTM Innovation Award, giving them a unique opportunity to make use of three months of guidance and a rich network to take your startup further. This is offered from a unique guidance team. This team includes Alexander van Capellen (Zorgboog), Martijn Rademakers (TONOS Care), Elles Visscher (Zilveren Kruis), Joost Adams (ActiZ, Anders Werken in de Zorg), Jan-Willem Heeg (Tinybots) and Tonko Wedda (WDTM).
You can apply until May 26th, 5pm by sending your pitch presentation and completed questionnaire to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating ‘Pitch competition’. Startups will be notified no later than June 2nd whether they will be allowed to participate in the finals on June 15th.
Want to know more?
Don’t miss it and apply HERE!