BHH members on Sifted’s list for Spanish startups and scaleups to watch in 2021
According to an article from Sifted, the Spanish ecosystem has experienced a big drop in total investment into Spanish startups in 2020. Fortunately, that doesn’t mean there’s not room for optimism. They complied a watchlist for 2021, a year poised for global economic recovery, of companies that you should follow.
Barcelona Health Hub is very proud to mention that various of the Spanish startups and scaleups to watch in 2021 are members of our ecosystem:
- DyCare: DyCare is a digital rehabilitation platform that allows sufferers of musculoskeletal problems to follow a recovery programme remotely. The technology uses wearable sensors to provide personalised rehab plans for every patient, which can be monitored at a distance by a doctor or physiotherapist.
- Elma Care: Healthtech meets fintech in Elma Care’s app that combines comprehensive health insurance with remote medical consultations.
- Forcemanager: ForceManager is the leading mobile CRM with a full service WebApp created for a range of work styles including home, office or the field. The success of the solution is due to its user friendly interface, built in geolocation features, and high user adoption rates.
- Genomcore: Founded in Barcelona in 2015, Genomcore won a European Innovation Council grant in 2017 to develop its genome sequencing platform. This allows users to access and securely store their genetic information, which can then be shared with other healthcare providers to give personalised treatments.
- HumanITcare: HumanITcare is a remote telemedicine platform that analyses health data from internet of things technologies like smartwatches and smart scales. The AI-powered software provides real-time, evidence-based information that can be used for individual health plans, as well as to securely inform clinical research.
- Iomed: Iomed uses AI and natural language processing to analyse millions of data points from medical records, with the aim of informing and accelerating clinical research.
- Mediquo: This Barcelona-based telemedicine startup allows doctors to communicate with patients remotely and access medical data on a 24/7 capacity, securely without sharing private contact details.
- Mediktor: This AI-powered symptom-checker startup is focused on helping healthcare professionals diagnose, perform triage and make decisions in general — and claims to be the only AI-based medical assistant that’s clinically validated.
- Psious: Psious is changing the way doctors are treating mental health patients by providing virtual reality technologies to treat psychological disorders.
Curious about these companies and the rest of the watchlist? Check out the full article here!